Friday, November 5th 2021 the Third Pan-EU CoP Forum was held. This time the event was organized as a Symposium, dedicated to surveying technologies, data-informed safety evaluation and risk management for bridges and tunnels.
The IM-SAFE Symposium “Surveying technologies, data-informed safety evaluation and risk management for bridges and tunnels – From the needs to the standardization” presented the most recent project findings and aimed to collect input from the Community of Practice from all over Europe in order to create a solid basis for future standardization on surveying technologies, data-informed safety evaluation and risk management for bridges and tunnels.
The event provided a varied and engaging program, as described in the details below. Please refer to the links for the corresponding presentations.
- State-of-the-practice of the most relevant surveying technologies for bridges and tunnels
- Fitness-for-purpose of surveying technologies
- State of standardisation in data collection
- Damage Indicators for main damage processes for transport infrastructure
- Identification of vulnerable elements for bridges and tunnels
- Understanding relation between Damage Indicators and surveying technologies, and their applicability to vulnerable elements
- Concept of Performance Indicators
- Use of Performance Indicators in practice of the different EU countries
- Understanding importance of Pis for the CoP
- Overview on the risk-based, reliability based and semi-probabilistic assessment methods for existing structures
- Current and future use of monitoring data in the structural assessment process and model updating methods
- Risk-based prioritization process for assessment, maintenance monitoring and remedial interventions on existing structures
- Best practices in risk assessment and approaches to standardization of risk assessment process
- Challenges of the implementation risk-based maintenance management and condition-based maintenance for bridges and tunnels
- Condition state classification and minimum maintenance levels for transport infrastructure
The IM-SAFE Symposium was organzied by the following experts:
|Agnieszka Bigaj van Vliet, Hendrik van Meerveld, Benjamin Cerar & Diego Allaix||1 TNO, Delft, the Netherlands|
|Alfred Strauss, Konrad Bergmeister & Lisa Ptacek||2 University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna|
|Giuseppe Mancini, Paola Darò, Monica Longo & Serena Negri||3 SACERTIS Ingegneria S.r.l., Turin|
|Ana Sánchez Rodríguez, Belén Riveiro Rodríguez, Mercedes Solla & J. Martínez||4 University of Vigo, Vigo|
|Julius Zach & Patrycja Sanecka||5 Mostostal, Warszawa, Poland|