IM-SAFE focuses on proposing a new standard in monitoring. Standardised monitoring process will imply a uniform and replicable inspection process. The new standardised monitoring will enable proper decision-making regarding maintenance needs and measures. Moreover, the impact of IM-SAFE is related to five topics:
- Contribution to mandate for a standard setter at EU level for the maintenance and control of bridges and where relevant for transport infrastructures at large.
- Identification of best practices for monitoring the safety and maintenance of bridges and other relevant transport infrastructures.
- Improvement of the safety of bridges and other relevant transport infrastructures in Europe through better maintenance and control.
- Societal acceptance and successful adoption.
- Dissemination and exploitation of results
As a CSA project, IM-SAFE will deliver public results in support standardisation. These results are open for public as enablers, further knowledge build-up, and follow-up research and development.